INDONESIA DISTRIBUTION PARK MM2100
The Mitsubishi Logistics Group operates DISTRIBUTION PARK MM2100 in the MM2100 Industrial Town in the suburbs of Jakarta, Indonesia. This distribution hub is designed to fulfill production functions. Focusing on food and commodities, the hub supports the logistics needs of clients’ businesses throughout the entire process from expansion into Indonesia to the procurement of raw materials, production, inventory control, product distribution and export.
Location and outline
DISTRIBUTION PARK MM2100 is located in the MM2100 Industrial Town, the nearest of its kind to Jakarta. It has good access to Central Jakarta, the Port of Tanjung Priok and Soekarno–Hatta International Airport. Near the entrance to the industrial town, the facility is close to the Cikampek Expressway Cibitung Interchange in Jakarta which facilitates smooth transportation.
Kawasan Industri MM-2100 Blok G, Cikarang Barat Bekasi 17520, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
- Site area
- Approx. 169,800 m2
- Access to major areas
- Approx. 24 km to Central Jakarta
- Approx. 40 km to the Port of Tanjung Priok
- Approx. 60 km to Soekarno–Hatta International Airport
Map of surrounding area
Inside MM2100 Industrial Town
Distribution center for food and commodities
DISTRIBUTION PARK MM2100 operates the MM2100 Distribution Center which handles the distribution of food and commodities. The distribution center uses halal refrigerator trucks to provide cold chain and other services in addition to cargo storage in four different temperature zones. Combined use of the distribution center and Build to Suit facility on the same premises makes it possible to integrate distribution hub and production hub operations.
- The facility is available for many different applications that clients’ businesses may require, such as storing raw materials and products in the warehouse or use a distribution center.
- Four different temperature zones (common temperature, constant temperature, chilled and frozen).
- It also has a space for processing and cooking foodstuffs. This can be used as a central kitchen for a restaurant or convenience store.
- The facility has acquired halal certification for warehouse storage and truck transportation and is suitable for handling materials such as food, medicinal products and cosmetics.
- Uses halal refrigerator trucks to perform cold-chain transportation. Refrigerator truck movements are managed using GPS.
- Truck transportation can operate between the warehouse and Jakarta capital area, Surabaya, Semarang, Bandung and many other parts of Indonesia.
- Inspection and other services for distribution processing are performed.
- The facility has an emergency power generator in case a flood or similar disaster occurs.
Further, the Mitsubishi Logistics global network also caters to needs for international transportation (marine and air) for the procurement of raw materials and export of products.
Outline of the MM2100 Distribution Center
- Total floor area
Approx. 18,000 m2 (including a 5,650 m2 constant-temperature area, a 860 m2 refrigerated area and a 1,420 m2 frozen area)
- Building structure
- Reinforced concrete, one-story (partly two-storied)
- August 2017
Leasing of plant buildings
We build and rent out plant buildings geared for clients’ needs. Combined use with the Mitsubishi Logistics Group’s logistics service including the on-site warehouse (distribution center) can integrate the management of both production and logistics functions.
Diagram of the services
Advantages for clients
- Smooth opening of the plant
- We have already acquired the rights to use the plant site, so our clients can concentrate on setting up the plant.
- A geological survey was conducted before DISTRIBUTION PARK MM2100 opened and the ground was confirmed to be suitable for the construction of a building. This can shorten the preparation period necessary for setting up the plant.
- We design and construct Build to Suit plant buildings to suit the client’s needs.
- Streamlining initial investment and running costs
- We propose optimally sized plant sites to suit the client's needs.
- Expenses for the site and plant building are borne on a rent basis. This can control initial investment and equalize costs.
- A warehouse with four different temperature zones is operated on-site.Using the warehouse can streamline running costs by making it possible to, for example, use less space inside the plant for storage and minimize logistics devices to a minimum level.
- Focus on production through the outsourcing of logistics operations
- Our warehouse with four different temperature zones is available for use to store raw materials and products. The warehouse is halal certified and suitable for handling materials such as food, commodities and medicinal products.
- Beyond the storage of cargo, we offer international transportation, delivery within Indonesia, cold chain transportation and other logistics services to help clients to solve logistics problems throughout all of their processes from the procurement of raw materials to the distribution and export of products.
- Good access to Central Jakarta
- DISTRIBUTION PARK MM2100 is in the MM2100 Industrial Town, the nearest of its kind to Jakarta, and it has good access to Central Jakarta and other major areas.